|Welcome to Foothills Foot Care!
We are located in the Greenville-Greer-Simpsonville area of South Carolina.
We provide comprehensive medical and surgical Podiatry Care.
We invite you to take our Foot Health Quiz.
1. My toenails are streaked, discolored and thickened.
This may mean your nails have a fungus. We can treat this with oral medications such as Lamisil, topical
medications such as Penlac, as well as surgically.
2. The sides of my toenails dig into the skin and hurt.
May mean you have an ingrown toenail. This can be treated in the office. Doctor Rainer does a
procedure that can permanently correct this problem.
3. I have a large bone/bump behind my big toe.
Probably a bunion which is inflamed/enlarging. This can be treated with orthotics or splinting. Doctor
Rainer does outpatient surgical correction of bunions as well.
4. I get a painful cramp in the ball of my foot in shoes and after rest.
A neuroma, a nerve problem, is a common culprit. Neuromas can be treated with decompression,
injections, orthotics, or they can be surgically removed. We are also using an injection technique using a
special alcohol mixture to avoid traditional surgery!
5. My toes aren't straight. They curl, are bent, and hurt.
Hammertoes can be painful, especially in shoes. These are treated with padding, management of
associated corns and callouses, or they can be surgically corrected.
6. My heels hurt all day, especially in the morning or after rest.
Probably due to a condition called Plantar Fasciitis or Heel Spur Syndrome. This is treated with OTC
orthotics, Custom Molded Orthotics, Injections, NSAIDs, Night Splints, Physical Therapy, OssaTron, or
endoscopic surgical management.
NEW! TOPAZ LINK!
7. My feet are always dry and scaly. They also itch.
Often due to athlete's foot- tinea pedis, a fungal infection. This is treated
with prescription creams or oral medications
8. I have numbness, burning, infection, or/and persistent pain, a skin rash, or/and
an open sore or wound.
Any of these conditions should receive immediate professional attention!
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, call Foothills Foot Care for an
appointment at 864-288-0048.
Call our office for information on new advances such as radial shock wave for plantar fasciitis,
Topaz radiofrequency for heel pain, or treatments for fungal nails.